Wednesday 28 May 2014

Custom Video Game Covers - Cheap Man's Collecting!

Want to get cheap games? Keep an eye out for "loose" disc games. For whatever reason, loose disc games are really cheap, usually $1 at garage sales.... and I usually talk it down being a true Thriftdweller!  I made a step by step how to guide for you to check out how to make your own reproduction video game covers! =D
Can you guess which my games are replica covers and which are real? 

1.  Find the loose disc game
Garage sales are great to find loose games, even thrift stores. I always talk them down with my "it's harder to sell without the case" plea. 

2. Empty DVD Cases
I found over 100 empty DVD cases at the thrift store over a year ago which is still my supply to this day. You can usually find them bulk for cheap yourself. Empty DVD cases fit everything, even gamecube games, they just don't look as cool as the original GC cases. 

3. Get Covers Online
My main source for game covers for everything from Playstation, PS2, PS3, X-Box and Gamecube is thecoverproject.net. You can even get universal game case covers there too. Download all the covers you need and put them on a flash drive. If they don't have the game you need, you can always make your own if you're photoshop savvy. Check out http://vgboxart.com/browse-resources/ for templates for every console. Check out my own custom made video game covers here!

I couldn't find a cover for the game "Wardner" online, so I made my own! =D
4. Get Them Printed
I go the Staples and use their self serve color printer. It's $0.40 each and you don't have to pay the "service fee" if you go to the clerk at the print centre. Cut and you're done. 

I know this was over kill to make it step by step, but whatever, it's my blog! Thanks for reading! =D
-Nate


No comments:

Post a Comment